Whether you’re buying or renting a home, selling your home for another venue, or even relocating to the New York metro area for the first time, the information, resources, and tools available in this section will help to guide your decision.
When looking into the next city or town to call “home” for you and your family, there is an array of characteristics you’ll want to investigate. Often the people you speak to that already live there may have only part of the story when it comes to weighing the plusses and minuses of life in that area. For community research, everything you find here is designed to put you in the driver’s seat – neighborhood information, school statistics, links to maps, and much, much more.
If you’re like many buyers, you’ll probably need some form of financing. There are many lending institutions that offer a variety of mortgage products and financing options and rates can vary widely, so it is important to learn what you can and shop around to ensure you get the mortgage that best meets your needs. Here we also provide mortgage prequalification and payment calculators so you can “crunch the numbers” and see what makes sense for you.
Best of all, every tool is provided at no cost with our compliments. We believe working with a real estate agent is about gaining access to someone with experience and negotiating prowess, not limiting your own access to education on the process. And, as always, if you have any questions, just let us know.
Please choose a tool directly from the main menu above or click on a selection below:
- City Profiles Report
- Compare Cities
- Mortgage Calculators
- Real Estate Document Library
- Buyer Standard Operating Procedures
- Estimated Closing Costs – LI Residential
- Estimated Closing Costs – NYC Residential
- Estimated Closing Costs – Westchester Residential
- Luke’s Kids Activity Page
- Luke’s Word Hunt #1 – Buildings
- Luke’s Word Hunt #2 – Houses
- NextHome Residential Estate Services Overview
- NYC Rental Search Survival Kit
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home
- The Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right
- School Reports